Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Hanukkah Sameach! Tell them you want a coin from FORVM for Hanukkah!!!! Internet challenged? We are happy to take your order over the phone 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas!!! Tell them you want a coin from FORVM for Christmas!!!! Internet challenged? We are happy to take your order over the phone 252-646-1958.

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Thanks to Forum 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thanks to Forum  (Read 1756 times)
moonmoth
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« on: February 28, 2007, 10:47:07 pm »

Joe and the Forum team have been hosting my website for a full calendar year now, and I would like to thank them for the easy trouble-free way they have done it.  I have amended and updated my site almost every day and it works all the time.

I have a mixture of lighter and more technical pages, and one serious resource with a very small focus - the hut coins of Constans and Constantius II (for which I had much help from Dane "Helvetica").

I put "statcounter" links on all the main pages (but not the mini-pages showing individual coins) and at the bottom is the visitor count for the year.  You can see that this is not a major site, but it gets enough visitors to keep me happy that it's worth while. 

I look at the other stats regularly, too, and I can see that almost everyone gets there through Google, with a scattering of other search engines.  Almost all callers use MS Internet Explorer or Firefox, with older versions much more commonly in use than newer ones - though Safari and Opera also show up regularly.

Looking through the search terms used, I see that most of them are looking for what my site provides, so will end up in the right place; though I fear that many people looking for hairstyling tips will be disappointed.  Also, one of the most common recurring searches is "god of war nude" - I'm not quite sure what that one is really after!

Anyway, thanks again to Joe and Sorin, and anyone else who has helped.

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/moonmoth/ancientcoins.html

Bill Welch

"... A form of twisted symbolical bedsock ... the true purpose of which, as they realised at first glance, would never (alas) be revealed to mankind."
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 09:03:27 am »

Thanks for allowing us to host your site!

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Bamba123
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 07:32:29 am »

The site is something special.  I just took a brief tour and it is impressive, bookmarked it and will visit often.  Take care and thanks.

If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844
moonmoth
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 08:49:23 am »

Thanks!  It's always good to hear that it's appreciated.  If you find any mistakes, please let me know!

"... A form of twisted symbolical bedsock ... the true purpose of which, as they realised at first glance, would never (alas) be revealed to mankind."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Thanks to Forum « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop