Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 9 May!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 9 May!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Biblical & Judean Coins (Moderators: Salem Alshdaifat, Aarmale)  |  Topic: My Judaean Collection Gallery 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Judaean Collection Gallery  (Read 28493 times)
Jay GT4
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Leave the gun, take the Canoli!

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2020, 11:37:08 am »

Nice addition

cmcdon0923
Caesar

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2020, 11:22:14 am »

My most recent addition is a "half denomination" of Agrippa II, struck during the reign of Nero, whose image appears on the obverse.  It was struck between 61 and 68 AD at the mint in Caesarea Panias (aka, Neronias).   The coin weighs 6.43 grams and is 17.5 millimetres in diameter.

* H582.jpg (162 KB, 600x306 - viewed 223 times.)

cmcdon0923
Caesar

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2021, 07:11:56 pm »

Due to some of the changes FORVM was forced to make by the 800 pound gorilla, which changed the way images and their descriptions display, I went through my entire Judaean gallery and changed the descriptions to make identification of the ruler the first thing you see.  The attribution by Hendin number and details like weight, will now only appear when a file is selected for display.

I've also started making this same change to some of my other galleries.

Craig

Jay GT4
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2021, 08:52:58 pm »

Yeah, I would love if at least part of the description was visible without clicking.

Stkp
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2021, 05:38:38 pm »

Agreed. It has made it much more difficult for me to review my gallery. I have resisted making the kinds of modifications that Craig has made, because it would be such a daunting task. Someday ... Stkp

cmcdon0923
Caesar

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2021, 08:39:06 pm »

What would be nice to see is if the a second line of the descriptive text could be displayed as opposed to the number of views, which really is irrelevant and probably of interest only to the gallery owner.

Craig

quadrans
Tribunus Plebis 2019
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2021, 02:23:26 am »

Hi, unfortunately, in my gallery, I put originally some more information to the "headline", and the new style does not touch me dramatically...

Regards

Joe/Q.

cmcdon0923
Caesar

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2021, 11:43:39 am »

I probably should have set up my descriptions differently from the beginning, but as they originally appeared, everything was visible on the initial gallery display.

But with the change FORVM had to make, just showing the attribution information really wasn't helpful to anyone looking at the gallery.

Craig

cmcdon0923
Caesar

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2021, 10:08:46 am »

Even though it might not technically be considered a "Judaean" coin, I finally was able to add a Vespasian JUDAEA CAPTA sestertius to my collection.  I'm actually going to keep it with my "1st Century Roman Emperor" collection, but thought I'd post it here since it does have ties to Judaea.

It has a hair less detail than I had originally wanted on an example, but after having been blown out of the water (big time!) twice last month on two other pieces at auction, I figured this was good enough to console me until I can find an example with fuller details.

Craig

* EM_090_SES_Vespasian.jpg (291.5 KB, 933x461 - viewed 29 times.)

Jay GT4
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2021, 05:23:18 am »

Very nice Capta.  Congrats!  At least it's not tooled.  I have added similar ones in the last few months, These have always brought a premium but it seems they have gone to another level recently.

cmcdon0923
Caesar

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2021, 08:44:42 am »

Thanks jay.

Yes, it's difficult to find nice original medium grade specimens.  The premium condition coins are bringing serious premiums, which is to be expected.  Unless you have the ability to personally inspect a coin first, in order to get one that has never been messed with, you almost have to accept slightly less that choice surface.

But having acquired this coin creates a slight dilemma.....now I have to find a nice As to go along with it, and then I need specimens from Titus' reign to round out the set.  It never ends !!  (But maybe that's a good thing.)

Craig

Jay GT4
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2021, 09:05:19 am »

I just got this Capta As from Titus:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-169080

cmcdon0923
Caesar

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2021, 11:20:41 am »

Yes, I saw that. 

And so you're the main reason why I now need to acquire the different denominations and Emperors!!!

Craig

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Biblical & Judean Coins (Moderators: Salem Alshdaifat, Aarmale)  |  Topic: My Judaean Collection Gallery « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop