Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: SBCV Monogram Table Index  (Read 4963 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
SBCV Monogram Table Index
« on: February 18, 2006, 09:04:01 am »
Anyone who owns Sear's Byzantine Coins and Their Values and who has tried to use it to attribute coins with a monogram has probably been frustrated or annoyed by finding the monogram almost instantly in the table on page 32, and then spending another hour trying to find the coin in the listings.  Howard Cole has created an index and has allowed us to publish it.  You can find it in Numiswiki here:  https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=Monogram
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Re: SBCV Monogram Table Index
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 12:23:18 am »
I have just added the transparent .gifs of the monograms I drew to go along with Mr. Cole's great list.  Also, I created a table of Late Roman Imperial Monograms in the same image format.  You can use the individual monogram URLs to illustrate your coins on this discussion board too!

Enjoy,

Kevin  :)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: SBCV Monogram Table Index
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 09:37:06 pm »
Very cool.   And thanks!
Joseph Sermarini