Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: TIP: Stitching The Obverse and Reverse Into a Single Image 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TIP: Stitching The Obverse and Reverse Into a Single Image  (Read 12738 times)
kklinejr
Consul

RESTITVTOR CRISPVS NOBILISSIMVS CAESAR

« on: February 15, 2003, 05:32:48 am »

OK, I'll admit ignorance once more here.  If I am running Adobe Photoshop Home edition and MGI Photostudio SE. The only way I seem to be able to stitch photos is by a cylindrical format or panoramic viewpoint.  

How, on this green earth, does one simply stitch a photo side by side with another one without marring, blending, or warping the two photos together.  All I have been trying to do is put obverse & reverse together, but I have to go through nine steps just to get them to appear even close to decent when stitching. Simply joining two photos together seems to be the most blastedly difficult task and it should be the easiest.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help as I now slip bark into the dark ages,

Ken

Donate unwanted ancient coins to your local schools and watch ancient history come alive!
Alex
Augustus
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 05:39:33 am »

Smiley
Open first image.
Press M to select the part you need.  ctrl+c (that copies it), ctrl+n (this creates a blank image)
select the size you wish, typically for a coin, double the value in there
ctrl+v (pastes the image over the blank one)
press V to select the move tool and place the image where ever u want

Open your second image, select it, copy. Get to the new image, paste it, move it where you want.  Press C if you wish to crop out soem bits of it. save.

kklinejr
Consul

RESTITVTOR CRISPVS NOBILISSIMVS CAESAR

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2003, 06:30:08 am »

Ignorance occurring again... I used the Photoshop Deluxe to stitch... but it only saves in PDF format.  Any way possible to save to jpeg?

Ken

Donate unwanted ancient coins to your local schools and watch ancient history come alive!
Jericho
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2003, 10:48:14 am »

Ignorance occurring again... I used the Photoshop Deluxe to stitch... but it only saves in PDF format.  Any way possible to save to jpeg?

Ken

Ken, FLATTEN the image (near the bottom of the LAYER option above) after you merge it.  Then you can save as a jpeg.

Jericho
Xerburous
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2003, 12:52:29 pm »

I'm useing MS paint. Seems to be easy in combo with another viewer program thats my format converter.
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 07:47:50 pm »

Quote from: Stauracius on February 17, 2003, 01:44:44 pm
Joe: Thank you! Your explanation of posting pictures was VERY straight-forward & easy to understand. Would you please Grin do the same for "Stitching pictures" (showing obv. & rev. together)? I cannot, for the life of me, figure that out. Also, how do I reduce the size of my scans? I notice mine are huge in comparison to others.

Unfortunately, the specifics will depend upon the software that you use.  However, in general.  
1) Open both the obverse and reverse images in your software.
2) Crop them to get rid of the space around the coin.
3) Open a new blank file that is bigger than both images combined.
4) Copy the images from the obverse file and reverse file onto the new file and arrange them as desired.
5) Merge or flatten all images (your software may call this something different).
6) Crop the file to get rid of the excess space around the coins.
7) Resize the image to 300-450 pixels wide.
Cool Save.

I can't tell you exactly how to do each step above with your software, but you should be able to use the steps and your software's help function to figure it out.   If you identify your software, someone may be able to provide specific guidance for it.  Also, there may be there is an easier way to do it with your software than I stated above.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Alex
Augustus
Caesar

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2003, 07:58:10 am »

Stauracius, I think Ive posted specific instruction on how to do it in Adobe Photoshop.  And hmmm...... every software has a...help or manual !
LordBest
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2003, 08:00:06 am »

Better yet, use paint which cn be found in the acesories section under porgrams on the start menu, far simpler its just cut and paste (ot hack and slash.  Wink)
                                            LordBest. Cool

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10003

Young Fogey.

What Would Machiavelli Do?

Inter arma enim silent leges
- Cicero
Ecgþeow
Consul

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 09:41:31 pm »

for the life of me, i can't figure out how to work iphoto into letting me play with the dpi, or to create a new box, or paste two photos together! anyone with a macintosh who uses i-photo, any tips? Huh

cscoppa
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

It's off to the races!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 12:32:08 pm »

If you have MONETA there is a function on the Image page that lets you pick obverse or reverse alone or together in either horz. or vert. orientation. And it seems to reduce the file size too. It is a great tool I use it often.

Chip

Chip

PECVNIAE IMPERARE OPORTET NON SERVIRE
Money should be mastered, not served.
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12
misterchips
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 08:46:07 pm »

I use iPhotoExpress.

Bring both images to your desktop.
Go to "edit" on your toolbar, choose the 8th option down "stitch".
Using your mouse, left click on one of the images and slide it into place next to the other.
Done. Grin

It's as easy as chearing for your favorite gladiator !
  - misterchips
larsporsenna
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 10:35:46 am »

does anyone have picassa and any tips on  how to stich jpgs there?Huh
thanks cinecias
wileyc
Caesar

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 03:01:10 pm »

I have picassa and use it for storage but have not found a way to stitch pictures together. In my case anyhow I store my coin images in a windows picture format and use MS paint as a simple way to stitch together. For me it works fine and have not felt the need for anything else.

cw

wileyc
Caesar

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 11:31:35 am »

I recently downloaded the new picassa and found (which may not be new) that I can go in to collage and stitch together two picture. It is giving me much better results than paint, which I was not happy with.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: TIP: Stitching The Obverse and Reverse Into a Single Image « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop