Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Acheloios-Thales Book  (Read 650 times)

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Acheloios-Thales Book
« on: September 21, 2022, 05:39:25 pm »
Hello Friends,

I have about 10 copies of my new book about Acheloios and Thales left—yours at a discounted price of $50 shipped (US only).  If you like philosophy, classics, and numismatics, I promise you will love it.  Details about the book here: https://www.archaeopress.com/Archaeopress/Products/9781803270869

Nick

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Re: Acheloios-Thales Book
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 10:34:19 pm »
I am game, looks interesting and that is a heck of a subtitle that is very intriguing. Note, I have read a lot of Marx, I am not automatically triggered by his name. Will email you.

Thanks,
Virgil

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: Acheloios-Thales Book
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 06:19:20 am »
Thanks Virgil.  This book responds to a group of Marxian philosophers who argue the creation of coinage caused philosophy (which they reduce to metaphysical cosmology).  I attempt to refute that theory with recourse to Acheloios.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity