Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Tranquillina RIC 340  (Read 554 times)

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
Tranquillina RIC 340
« on: March 22, 2021, 02:13:47 pm »
Hello,

Do you have more informations about the Setertius and As CONCORDIA AVGG type? RIC gives 340 a and 340 b for the As and give source: Vienna. For which coin? The coin illustrated is that coin? Is the size of photos correct? Therefore, if yes, this coin is an As... I searched on Kunsthistoriches museum of Vienna and didtn found any Sestertius or As of this type.

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
Re: Tranquillina RIC 340
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 03:06:42 pm »

In my opinion OCRE depicts the plate coin in RIC IV.3 Pl. 4, 10.

Pekka K

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 08:18:38 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I mentionned the doubt in the comments of my file. Waiting more informations.

Offline leseullunique

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 06:33:39 pm »
I have the picture of Vienna's sestertius it's the only specimen known if you want it you can contact the curator, and pay for the picture but you will have to pay more if you want to use it on your website

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 01:21:13 pm »
Thanks,

Therefore we can think that the coin quoted in RIC with Vienna source, is the Sestertius. Can you send me the photo by private message? I would like to see if the coin is same as the one illustrated in the RIC.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity