Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ancient coin rings  (Read 578 times)

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
Ancient coin rings
« on: April 14, 2021, 08:50:05 am »
Hi guys,

I have always loved rings with ancient coin motifs on them. Many years ago I had a gold ring with a reproduction of a Thasos drachm but I sold it later on. I always regretted that so some years ago I set upon creating my old coin ring design. You can see the photos with the result. The ring is made of 14 k white and yellow gold, 14.72 gr. weight (about half an ounce).

And to get to the answers of the anticipated questions in advance:

1. Yes, it is an original Neapolis hemidrachm
2. No, I did not kill an intact coin. I would never do that. The coin was pierced with a hole of about 2 mm to be worn as a necklace and looked quite ugly. It was then expertly repaired and mounted in the ring.

The ring is heavy but quite comfortable to wear. Hope you like the design.

OK, I showed you my coin ring - show me yours!  :laugh:

Cheers,
Opti

All coins are guaranteed for eternity