Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 9 May!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 9 May!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Coins (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: A little help with an Aurelian IOVI CONSER 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A little help with an Aurelian IOVI CONSER  (Read 154 times)
tetrico
Consul

Caius Pius Esuvius Tetricus - Princeps Iuventutis

« on: February 23, 2021, 01:37:15 am »

Hi!
I ask you a little help with this antoninianus of Aurelian with IOVI CONSER reverse.
I'm not able to find in ric.mom.fr database the right number... my doubts are about the bust type that it looks not conventional...
I think the mint is Serdica and the issue is the 3rd... but the the bust type is different than the numbers 2586 and 2587 (http://www.ric.mom.fr/en/search/advanced?tempRIC=&asmSelect0=&asmSelect1=&asmSelect2=&asmSelect3=&asmSelect4=&asmSelect5=&asmSelect6=&Titulature=IMP+AVRELIANVS+AVG&asmSelect7=&Legend=IOVI+CONSER&asmSelect8=&asmSelect9=&ReverseMark=%E2%80%93%2F%E2%80%93%2F%2FP&asmSelect10=&asmSelect11=&BustDescription=&ReverseDescription=&Note=&Reference=&page=1&mod=result&hpp=100)

IMP AVRELIANVS AVG
IOVI CONSER, -/-//P

mauseus
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 05:29:58 am »

Hi,

Serdica mint, emission 4, 1004 in Estiot's BN catalogue. Bust is radiate, cuirassed.

Regards,

Mauseus

* IMG_20210223_114507~2.jpg (1461.14 KB, 1733x3295 - viewed 22 times.)

tetrico
Consul

Caius Pius Esuvius Tetricus - Princeps Iuventutis

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 06:31:13 am »

Many thanks for your reply Mauseus!
are this piece also in ric.mom.fr database?
There is a number of known pieces in the BN catalogue?
mauseus
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 06:48:47 am »

Hi,

Very odd but BNC 1004 is not in the RIC database. An oversight I think.

Regards,

Mauseus

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Coins (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: A little help with an Aurelian IOVI CONSER « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop