Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Collection Meneghini-Callas / Maria Callas  (Read 1409 times)

Offline antoninus1

• Consul
Collection Meneghini-Callas / Maria Callas
« on: November 12, 2020, 03:30:55 pm »
Some days ago I bid on this coin, but wasn´t successful.

[REMOVED BY ADMIN]

A coin from the collection of Giovanni Battista Meneghin and Maria Callas, the Callas. Giovanni Meneghini was a great patron of hers when she was still unknown and eventually became  her first husband
Several coins had been auctioned in Lanz auction 153, and a few of them have since turned up in other auctions.

I wasn´t able to find anything in the internet about this collection. Did Maria Callas collect ancient coins? I must confess that I am fascinated by the idea of owning a coin that was once in the possession of this great singer.

Does anyone know more about that?

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Collection Meneghini-Callas / Maria Callas
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 01:23:24 pm »
Do not post links to commercial sites here and please upload a photo of any coins you discuss.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline antoninus1

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 07:39:14 am »
Ah, I forgot about that rule.

So far I couldn´t find any trace of that collection in the internet. I also asked some dealers and old collectors but nobody knows anything about it.

Offline Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 08:42:00 am »
Too bad you didn't get it. It would've been cool to have a coin that might have been owned by Medea!

~ Peter

All coins are guaranteed for eternity