Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Vespasian Aureus  (Read 500 times)

Offline SRukke

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Go ahead, make my day.
    • My gallery. Started January 2009
Vespasian Aureus
« on: October 11, 2020, 01:01:17 am »
The very first ancient Roman coin I purchased.
I had no idea anyone could buy ancient Roman coins. I just happened to be on Ebay in 2009 and saw this. I bought it with no knowledge of ancient coins. It was $1700 so no small amount for me. I was pretty stupid to jump in the way I did.
After buying it I decided to maybe learn a bit more. I got nervous real quick. Terrified actually. Wondering if I had been foolish enough to throw a large amount of money away. I decided to send it to David Sear who thankfully certified it as authentic. Now whether it was a high price in 2009 can certainly be argued. In the end I am OK with my very first ancient. I now have over 900 coins and there is still so much to learn. Not the best photo.

Offline FlaviusDomitianus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My gallery:
Re: Vespasian Aureus
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 05:23:41 am »
Undoubtedly an impressive entry into the ancient coins collecting!

Congratulations on your choice.

For my part I waited several years before buying my first aureus and I still remember the emotion in holding it in my hand.

Alberto

Offline okidoki

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 02:18:27 pm »
very nice  +++
All the Best,
Eric
There are no strangers, only friends you do not know yet.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270

Offline mix_val

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 08:52:13 pm »
Congrats on your luck and a very nice coin!  I have restrained myself from buying aurei which is maybe why I'm still married after 41 years.   Ha!
Bob Crutchley
My gallery of the coins of Severus Alexander and his family
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=16147

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 09:33:32 pm »
Very nice!  I'd love to have a Flavian aureus one day.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity