Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Vespasian mule denarius with priestly implements_my error id_common type  (Read 773 times)

Offline timka

• Caesar
Hi!

I would like to share a coin that seems to be a mule. Obverse is from the year 71 (AVG PM), intented for RIC 42, priestly implements with PON MAX below. But in fact, the reverse is from the year 72, intented for RIC 356 with reverse TRI POT below, as on my coin.

Im not so fluent in navigation around RIC for the Flavians, so i could not figure if this mule is recorded there. However  I finally acquired the book  and it is with me!

I would much appreciate if someone let me know if this is a known type.

Dimensions- 18x16mm , 2.55g, 7h. Feels official in hand, not limes kind of coin.

Thank you for your time.

Z.

Offline curtislclay

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Vespasian mule denarius with priestly implements
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 04:36:41 pm »
Timka,

Why isn't your coin just the common RIC 43 (C2), with obv.

IMP CAES VESP AVG P M, rev.

AVGVR / TRI POT, priestly implements?

BM 50-53, Cohen 43, 36 spec. in Reka Devnia hoard.
Curtis Clay

Offline timka

• Caesar
Re: Vespasian mule denarius with priestly implements
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 04:46:51 pm »
ha-ha)...yes, my fault... this is just another common coin... you see Im not so good in the Flavians yet)

thank you for your time

All coins are guaranteed for eternity