Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Getting back into collecting, David's Severan Gallery  (Read 1063 times)

Offline David Fischer

• Praetorian
Getting back into collecting, David's Severan Gallery
« on: August 25, 2020, 02:37:15 pm »
I bought my first few ancient coins nearly a decade ago from Forum Ancient Coins, and I loved them. However, time, money, life, etc., got the better of me and I got out of the hobby nearly as quickly as I got in. Fast forward to the present, and I've been bitten by the collecting bug again. I've added around 12 coins or so in the last several months. I have always been fascinated by the Severan Dynasty, and have decided to keep my collection focused there for now. I have a lot to learn but my current collecting goals are to stay focused in one area and to wait for the best possible examples within my budget to be available (quality over quantity).

Cheers,

David Fischer

Offline Enodia

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
Re: Getting back into collecting, David's Severan Gallery
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 02:43:15 pm »
That's a nice collection David, and we look forward to seeing more as you get back into the hobby. Happy hunting!

~ Peter

Offline Justin W

• Consul
  • Justin W
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 03:17:34 pm »
Very nice coins David! Glad to see you got back into the hobby!

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 04:51:54 pm »
Wow, great coins 
Nice to be back  +++

Regards

Joe/Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline David Fischer

• Praetorian
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 09:18:53 pm »
I have been hunting down this particular coin for months. I have passed on many examples because they didn't fully "speak" to me, but this one did:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-168457

Offline Blayne W

• Consul
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 09:39:59 pm »
Great looking coin, certainly wasworth the wait for you.  +++

All coins are guaranteed for eternity