Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: SNG Righetti vs Righetti Collection  (Read 648 times)

Offline Charles M

• Consul
SNG Righetti vs Righetti Collection
« on: August 16, 2020, 01:49:47 pm »
A coin I recently purchased from the Plankenhorn Collection of Ionian Coins (Numismatik Naumann, Auction 91) was referenced in the catalog as "Righetti Collection 617" which I assumed was referring to SNG Righetti.  Now that I am cataloguing the coin for my collection I find that is not the case.  SNG Righetti coins from Ionia are numbers 832-934.  SNG Righetti 617 is a coin from Bithynia.  I did not own SNG Righetti prior to my purchase so was unable to check the reference.  My coin is not in SNG Righetti at all.

Was there a separate publication of "Righetti Collection"?  Or is this an auction catalog?

Here's my coin:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-164650

Thanks,

Charles M

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: SNG Righetti vs Righetti Collection
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 02:03:03 pm »
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=194817

J. P. Righetti Collection (Münzen und Medaillen GmbH 15, 21 October 2004)

Offline Charles M

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 02:23:10 pm »
Thanks, Ralf.

So this entire auction was the Righetti Collection?  I see this coin was in Volume 4--how many volumes were there?

Charles M.

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 02:26:31 pm »

All coins are guaranteed for eternity