Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: AE26 Apollo? / Artemis hunting. 2 pellets lower left field, all within wreath  (Read 590 times)

Offline David C13

• Legionary
So I have been collecting ancient coins for over 20 years now and when I first was introduced to the hobby I began my adventure by buying uncleaned coins off of [REMOVED BY ADMIN] which where mainly all Balkan at the time.
From one of those first lots I got this coin which i have never been able to ID.  I have been cleaning on it now and then over the years and it seems to be getting a bit smaller.  I am thinking it may be a fourre tetradrachm core?  Anyway, any help to lay my ancient mystery to rest would be appreciated!

AE26 Apollo? / Artemis hunting.  2 pellets lower left field, all within wreath  4.94g.

Offline David C13

• Legionary
Wow thanks!  Mystery solved!!!  I think it is much lighter weight as it has been shrinking a bit as it has been vigorously cleaned too many times to get down to bare metal.
Dave

All coins are guaranteed for eternity