Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: SNG Brasil I - Sylloge Nummorum Graecorum Brasil I. Rio de Janeiro  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Charles M

• Consul
SNG Brasil I - Sylloge Nummorum Graecorum Brasil I. Rio de Janeiro: Museu Histórico Nacional, 2011

Found this quite by accident tonight.  I didn't even know it existed and it's available for free download at the link below.  It's not in Numiswiki and I did a discussion search here with no matches so I'm guessing it is not widely known. 

It's mostly provincials and doesn't appear to be particularly useful but there are some coins not found in other sources.  If you're like me, you'll want to download it just because you can.  It's free and doesn't take up any shelf space!  I am certain that at some point in time I will reference it.

https://tinyurl.com/y8xfy5jg

Charles M.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: SNG Brasil I - Sylloge Nummorum Graecorum Brasil I. Rio de Janeiro
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 03:23:19 pm »
It seems the PDF is only the cover?
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 04:10:10 pm »
Take a closer look onto the page and you will see "3 Files" somewhere in the upper part (you have to be logged in). Klick on it, choose the entry in the middle and then you will get it.

Regards

Altamura

Offline Charles M

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 04:48:47 pm »
Altamura is correct.  It's a little confusing and I should have stated that in my original post.  Under the "3 files" tab, the middle one downloads the pdf for the SNG book itself, the first is just the cover again and the third is a collection of articles in compressed files by the same author. 

Charles M.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 07:30:49 pm »
Thanks - got it. Now I will add it to NumisWiki.

SNG Brazil I
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Anaximander

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 07:23:14 pm »
I tried the PDF link off the Numiswiki, and it produced an error message.  Is it just me?

The other link is to the Academia site, and it works (well, sort of).  The first and second pdfs (cover and text) worked fine. The third link is to the museum website, for the articles, but that didn't work.  

One thing about the Academia website, they keep notifying me of all my mentions...  which is highly implausible. I think they must mean my famous Danish namesake, the director of the Cabinet of Coins of the Danish National Museum.
Anaximander Barypous
Member since 2019.
FAC Member Gallery

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 08:04:18 am »
Not just you. I removed the direct PDF link.

If you want to see your mentions, or your namesake's mentions, you have to pay. :)
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 12:37:01 pm »
I have the same problem about "mentions" of my name. I receive "mentions" of everything which contains "D. Kurth" which also include those of D.Kurth but referring to a Dan, Dirk, Daniel and a Detlef ! I wish I could change it to just give me the mentions of "Dane Kurth" and nothing else.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity