Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Should I stay or should I go-- feed back please  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Ken W2

• Consul
Should I stay or should I go-- feed back please
« on: May 06, 2020, 03:54:28 pm »
Hello All:  I've been working/cleaning under a microscope for the first time.  Wow, what a difference 10X makes !  Now I'm doing final, detail cleaning with a needle as opposed to dental pick.  The two coins pictured below are the first off the new assembly line.  Both underwent DW soaks, brushing, dental pick first, then needle cleaning, then Pre-Lim polish.  I think they are finished, except for picking some Pre-Lim out of a few crevices and then Ren wax.  Need to work on lighting to reduce glare-- could use suggestions on that. Yes, you can enlarge and see a few areas of dirt remaining-- especially on the soldier's thighs on the Fel Temp, but I'm wary of breaking through to metal.

While I'm psyched about new cleaning equipment, I'm still a relative novice. So, I'd appreciate the feed back from more experienced cleaners.  All suggestions/critiques are welcomed.

Ken       

Offline Justin W

• Consul
  • Justin W
Re: Should I stay or should I go-- feed back please
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 04:24:14 pm »
To me the coins look beautiful and I think they are done. Good job!

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Should I stay or should I go-- feed back please
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 09:21:54 am »
Perfect.  Great job.  Nothing else to do.

Not all dirt will come off.  Or sometimes it reveals reverse damage.  You are right to not obsess over every last bit.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity