Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Artuqid AR fractional dirham OTD  (Read 914 times)

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Artuqid AR fractional dirham OTD
« on: February 07, 2020, 12:52:47 pm »
Friends,

I am so very happy of having been able to purchase this coin. It is ultra rare and no other example was ever offered and there is no other example of this on Zeno either. Those who know me, know that I am a bit crazy for Artuqid coins. So having this wonderful coin in my collection is something highly amazing for me. Stephen Album in his famous and fantastic Checklist has listed this type in there based upon this coin. Ever since I knew, through the Checklist, that such a type exists, I was out on the hunt for it and now I have one. I am still waiting for it to arrive, so for now I can only share the dealer's image. This type is absent in Whelan, Hennequin, Lane-Pool, Spengler&Sayles, Edhem and Artuk. It is listed in the Checklist and is now Zeno #243034 (this coin).
I am very proud to have purchased it and I cannot contain my enthusiasm, although in reality it does not look like much :) I can only provide diameter when I receive the coin.

Description:
ARTUQIDS OF HALAB: Fakhr al-Din Il-Ghazi I, 1118-1122, AR fractional dirham (1.14g), Halab, ND, A-A1820, citing the Great Seljuq overlord Sanjar; ruler's laqab is Fakhr al-Din on this coin rather than Najm al-Din, mint name clear in obverse margin, lovely patination, VF, RRR. No example of this ruler, the first of Artuqids to strike coins, has appears on CoinArchives, and none are recorded on Zeno.

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
Re: Artuqid AR fractional dirham OTD
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 04:40:07 pm »
Congratulation,  ;) +++

Joe/Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Re: Artuqid AR fractional dirham OTD
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 02:33:50 pm »
Thank you!