Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Coin Photography, Conservation and Storage  |  Topic: Advice on a Fingerprint 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice on a Fingerprint  (Read 44 times)
ThatParthianGuy
Praetorian

« on: October 14, 2019, 08:25:08 pm »

Hi all,

I bought this Mithradates II tet back in January. It had a fingerprint (really two fingerprints since it is on both the obverse and reverse) on it when I bought it and I figured I should just leave it alone and see if it would go away by itself. It’s been 9 months and while the fingerprint has gotten a little lighter, it’s still there. Any advice on how to treat it? Or is it too late? Should I leave it alone?

The fingerprint on the obverse is located to the left of the portrait, and on the reverse it is located to the right of the archer’s legs.

For reference, I’ve included an image of the same coin from a May 2017 auction. It has no fingerprint there, meaning the coin got the fingerprint between then and January of this year.

Thanks for your help!

-Zeki

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Coin Photography, Conservation and Storage  |  Topic: Advice on a Fingerprint « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop