Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Not a coin but would love an opinion  (Read 955 times)

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
Not a coin but would love an opinion
« on: October 07, 2019, 11:26:37 am »
Afternoon guys, as the topic suggests this is not a coin so apologises if this in disagreement with the rules etc but would love an opinion on this, of it is viable for it too be Roman? Apologises again if I am stepping out of line and thanks for any input. The handle appears too be bone

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
Re: Not a coin but would love an opinion
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 12:29:30 pm »
Having done some research online my initial opinion would be that it's not but the shape of it led me too seek others opinions on the off chance they have a better judged opinion than mine

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 01:02:13 pm »
Sorry guys still a bit of a novice I can see I have put this in the wrong part of the forum can somebody move it or is it better for me too delete and do again in correct part? Thanks Stuart

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 04:20:06 pm »
It looks very much later to me--eighteenth or nineteenth century.

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 04:29:41 pm »
Thought as much but a bit of a novice so thought I'd ask cheers :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity