Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: RPC website search engine - again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPC website search engine - again  (Read 630 times)
Altamura
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 10:05:50 am »

... The web application was developed by me during my free time (weekends and holidays). ...
Oh, I didn't know that, you haven't mentioned it.

… I welcome your suggestion, but – believe it or not – at the end of the day, that’s my decision...
For sure, I just wondered why you didn't say anything about my suggestion.

Regards

Altamura
helvetica
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 11:43:38 am »

There appears to be a source abbreviation missing from the Bibliography list. The letter G on its own.
It is given e.g. for coin 15722 (temporary)  as G: III, 481, no. 545 . Is it Glasgow ? Giessen ?

What would also be great would be drop-down lists for some of the options along the top, similar to the ones I made for wildwinds. They are so simple to do - even I manage to do them using html. That would save a lot of clicks and searching around.

e.g.

Search
  Simple Search
  Advanced Search

Volumes
  I
  II
  III
  IV  etc

Information
  Introduction
  Bibliography
  Submit a new type
  etc

Project
  Volumes
  Directors
  Advisory Board
  Authors
  Development
  Conventions
  Terms of Access

Jerome M
Praetorian

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2019, 02:30:16 pm »

>>There appears to be a source abbreviation missing from the Bibliography list. The letter G on its own.
>>It is given e.g. for coin 15722 (temporary)  as G: III, 481, no. 545 . Is it Glasgow ? Giessen ?
So you mean https://rpc.ashmus.ox.ac.uk/coins/4/15722
Well, click on Show at the end of the line, and then: oh! : "Glasgow, Hunterian Museum"! Clear enough.

>>What would also be great would be drop-down lists for some of the options along the top, similar to the ones I made for wildwinds. They are so simple to do - even I manage to do them using html. That would save a lot of clicks and searching around.
Well.... see my previous post.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: RPC website search engine - again « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop