Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: SNG Braunschweig online pdf  (Read 907 times)

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
SNG Braunschweig online pdf
« on: September 17, 2019, 01:33:27 pm »
Anyone with a deep interest in Greek coins will recognize the name Wolfgang Leschhorn, whose massive (both in weight and scope) 2-part catalog of Greek legends on ancient coins is a must-have for people like myself.
In 1998 he compiled a catalog of the 1,815 coins in the Herzog-Anton-Ulrich-Museum in Braunschweig and last summer, the Technische Universität of Braunschweig kindly added the catalog to their online digital library for free download.
As we can expect from Leschhorn, all 1,815 coins are described in detail (in German) and illustrated.

Sammlungskataloge des Herzog Anton Ulrich-Museums Braunschweig Vol. 7

https://publikationsserver.tu-braunschweig.de/servlets/MCRFileNodeServlet/dbbs_derivate_00044710/HAUM-Katalog-07-griechische-Muenzen.pdf

Offline GAT

• Praetorian
Re: SNG Braunschweig online pdf
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 07:29:27 am »
Thank you for providing the link to this catalog. I particularly like the extensive indices at the back. Makes it easy to use for coin identification.

GAT

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
Re: SNG Braunschweig online pdf
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 08:43:20 pm »
Yes, the indices in the Greek volume are without parallel.

I saw the Roman and medieval volumes and wanted to add them here but then I went "off course" and by the time I remembered to copy the links, I had shut my PC down for the night  ::)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity