Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unsure  (Read 340 times)

Offline Daniel P G

• Auxiliary
Unsure
« on: September 10, 2019, 07:19:47 am »
I am 34 and got this coin when I was too young to remember where or how I got it.  My family doesn't know either.
I would get any coin I hadn't seen before, mostly half dollars and other current things. I have done some research and found no pictures of something
like it.
It is nonferrous.  It has a helmeted man on the front.  It has an owl with what looks like a laurel wreath around it on the reverse.  Slightly larger than a Kennedy half dollar. Smaller than an Eisenhower dollar.  Let me know if a better picture is needed with a different scale or anything else.  Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you greatly.

Offline Arados

• Comitia Curiata
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
Re: Unsure
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:17:33 am »
Hi Daniel P G,

Similar to this.

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=3482637

ATTICA. Athens. Drachm (108/7 BC). Eumelos, Kalliphon and Alexander, magistrates.

Obv: Helmeted head of Athens right.

Rev: Owl standing right on amphora, head facing.

Your coin looks like a modern imitation, sharper images would help  !

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/fakes/displayimage.php?pos=-19065

All coins are guaranteed for eternity