Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 2.Francesco Gattilusio.coin  (Read 976 times)

Hasan U

2.Francesco Gattilusio.coin
« on: August 22, 2019, 07:04:18 am »
Ae dinario.çok nadir.Ceneviz parası.
2.Francesco Gattilusio.1396-1400 yılları.midilli adasının yöneticisi.
İzmir Ören'de bulundu.Acaba tüccarlar mı buraya getirdi?
siz ne düşünüyorsunuz?

instagram:dnhasanucaravg

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
Re: 2.Francesco Gattilusio.coin
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 07:17:45 pm »
Hi HU,

I have translated your post into English:

Ae denaro. Very rare.
Francesco II Gattilusio, 1396-1400. Manager of the island of Lesbos.
It was found in Izmir Oren.
What are you thinking?

I agree with your attribution. However, it would help if your photos were larger and clearer. The general type is consistent with your attribution. But I can't clearly read the legends.

Can you post larger and clearer photos?

It seems to have been issued by the Gattilusio family because the Gattilusio family coat of arms appears on your coin. It is also listed in the Lunardi reference book (Lunardi G9 or similar). This information implies that it is a colonial Genoese coin. I am very interested in Genoese coins, including colonial Genoese coins. They are one of my specialty areas of collecting.

Here is a link to similar coins:

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?term=lesbos++gattilusio&category=1-2&en=1&de=1&fr=1&it=1&es=1&ot=1&images=1&thesaurus=1&order=0&currency=usd&company=

Here is a link to the Medieval Italy section of my website. As you can see, I have many Genoese coins, including colonial Genoese coins. In that section, I have a Lesbos coin that was issued by Nicola Gattilusio:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/meepzorp/medieval_italy_home.htm

Meepzorp

Hasan U

Re: 2.Francesco Gattilusio.coin
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 07:09:09 am »
Hi Meepzorp
Thank you for your interest.
photo taken with a mobile phone was not nice.I will take nice pictures and share them as soon as possible
I've reviewed your collection.perfect and massive
respects.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity