Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help with Byzantine coin  (Read 473 times)

Offline Kevin M

• Praetorian
Help with Byzantine coin
« on: May 31, 2019, 10:23:19 am »
I bought some coins at a local flea market, $5 a coin, and have been able to pretty figure out what I bought with one exception, the larger Byzantine follis (which is actually pretty small for a follis) I think it may be Justinian II but am not sure of the emperor or the mint. Any information is greatly appreciated on the other coins as well. Thanks

Offline byzcoincoll

• Praetorian
Re: Help with Byzantine coin
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 05:57:55 pm »
The follis is of the type Sear 1004, Constans II (AD 641-668). Yet, it looks more like a contemporary imitation of the type.

Offline Tacitus

• Caesar
Re: Help with Byzantine coin
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 08:36:36 pm »
Is it my imagination or does the Constantinius have a smile on his face?

All coins are guaranteed for eternity