Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Pictures rotate 90 degrees.  (Read 2716 times)

Offline Hello There

• Praetorian
Pictures rotate 90 degrees.
« on: February 16, 2019, 04:38:35 pm »
When posting pictures on threads, they rotate 90 degrees. When I click to enlarge the picture, they rotate back to normal. I am using my phone to take a picture and upload it. Can anyone help me figure out why. I am using my phone to take pictures and upload them.

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Pictures rotate 90 degrees.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 08:23:17 pm »
I've noticed that as well when I take photos on my phone. Stkp

Offline PeterD

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • omnium curiositatum explorator
    • Historia
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 10:32:51 am »
The reason is that the picture records the orientation of the phone-cam, i.e. portrait or landscape, and automatically rotates it on a computer to appear correctly.

I don't use a phone for taking pictures, but I imagine saving the picture under a different name and manually rotating it if necessary would solve the problem.
Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context https://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia

Offline Hello There

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 06:35:31 pm »
Just testing.

Offline Hello There

• Praetorian
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 06:37:10 pm »
Test

Offline Hello There

• Praetorian
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 06:38:12 pm »
The reason is that the picture records the orientation of the phone-cam, i.e. portrait or landscape, and automatically rotates it on a computer to appear correctly.

I don't use a phone for taking pictures, but I imagine saving the picture under a different name and manually rotating it if necessary would solve the problem.

Looks like I need to hold the phone horizontally to get the pictures to position correctly. Thank you.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity