Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: My Gallery of Spanish Colonial Cob Coinage of the Americas  (Read 1544 times)

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
My Gallery of Spanish Colonial Cob Coinage of the Americas
« on: January 31, 2019, 01:16:01 pm »
I have finally started uploading images into my gallery of early Spanish cob coinages minted in the Americas. 

The gallery will concentrate on the issues of the Potosi Bolivia and Lima Peru mints, primarily up through 1699.  The coins are arranged by mint, then denomination, and finally date and assayer.

I hope you enjoy.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6579

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
Re: Gallery of Spanish Colonial Cob Coinage of the Americas
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 04:40:49 pm »
Thank you, for posting,

Great Gallery,   +++

Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 06:08:36 pm »
This is an area that is under-represented on this forum. I look forward to watching your gallery grow. Stkp

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 11:17:00 pm »
Thanks Q and Stkp.

I have about another ten or so 8 reale coins to upload, but I don't have satisfactory pictures of them all.  And then I need to work on the fractionals.

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 12:48:27 am »
 I'm still recovering from an immensely successful Heritage auction last month of early US Colonials where I was successful beyond my wildest dreams!

So I wasn't as active at today's Sedwick auction as I'd hoped to be....I was only able to snag a single addition for the collection but I guess it's better than winning nothing.  I especially like this one because of the 3 visible dates.

Craig

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 01:43:50 am »
Sweet addition,  ;) +++

Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 06:29:22 pm »
Added a few more pics....

It would be so much easier if I kept up to date with adding images to my galleries when I buy the actual coins !!  Going through each gallery after the fact and trying to match what's there to my collection files is a royal pain in the butt!

I still have several dozen images I need to organize, process, and eventually upload.

Craig

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 07:21:48 pm »
Great gallery.  I’ve always wanted an 8 reale but haven’t managed to secure one yet.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity