Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Roman Rings  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Blayne W

• Consul
Roman Rings
« on: January 04, 2019, 03:24:15 pm »
I have just received a lot of 4 roman rings and I was wondering if anyone can tell me any more information on them.  Not sure If i should post them as a group or individually like coins, so I will err on individually.

The first one was inferred to be a Legionary Ring from Legio X. 

Thanks for the help.  I had an error the first time I tried uploading so apologize if this shows up twice.

Offline Mayadigger

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Romans, lock your wives way!
    • Noble Roman Coins
Re: Roman Rings
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 02:16:15 pm »
Ave Blayne,

Your ring is certainly Roman and is quite rare.

It features the Capture of Pegasus by Bellerophon.

On the intaglio, Bellerophon has mounted Pegasus, on the right, Athena holds the magic bridle; to the left, the seer Polyeidos.

Excellent ring!
"Goodbye, Livia: never forget our marriage!"

Offline Blayne W

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 06:02:58 pm »
Wow thanks.  I kinda of put those to the side thinking they must have been fakes.  Now its a whole new area I have to learn.   I had just bought them so if my wife ever lets me get a display I had something more than coins to show :)
Ill have to dig the other 3 out and see if I am in luck with them.

Offline Jose G

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 05:28:38 pm »
So nice Ring Blayne,

Below some more information:

https://www.persee.fr/doc/galia_0016-4119_1989_num_46_1_2895

(in french  ::))

Regards

All coins are guaranteed for eternity