Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Email Addresses  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Schatz

• Consul
Email Addresses
« on: January 04, 2019, 12:31:06 pm »
Hi everyone,

when I click on my username on the Discussion Board or that of some other members, the profile window pops up giving, along others,  the email address. The profile page of other members, however, shows the word 'hidden' instead.  Come to think of it, I would like to hide my email address as well.  What do I have to do to change the profile?  When I registered, I did check the box next to 'Hide email address from public' in the "Account Related Settings' but that seems to have had no effect.

Wondering what to do,
Schatz

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Email Addresses
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 12:39:57 pm »
In the header mouse over "My FORVM" then click "My Discussion Profile." On the left side of the page click "Account Related Settings." Check the box that says "Hide email address from public?"

Your email address is already hidden. You can see it but other members cannot.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Schatz

• Consul
Re: Email Addresses
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 04:44:36 pm »
Thanks, Joe,

got it. I had been wondering in that direction but was not sure. I saw that the 'hide' box is checked and yet the address was there. Now I know that this is just for my benefit.

Schatz

All coins are guaranteed for eternity