Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Please need help with late Roman bronze  (Read 487 times)

Offline Basileus Nikephoros Antialcidas

• Consul
  • Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possi
Please need help with late Roman bronze
« on: December 27, 2018, 05:24:03 pm »
Hi to everyone! I just ordered this maximinus coin and just noticed this thing on the back of the hair of Zeus. Because I can't really understand what it is, could it be something to worry about or it is just a small dirt that fell on the coin. Also one more question, I ordered some ancient bronzes and in the same order I also wait for some zinc ww2 Germans witch some of them have a lot zinc corrosion, could that be bad for the bronze ones as they will be delivered in the same package like if there was one with bronze disease or zinc oxidation doesn't effect or create harsh environment for bronze. I hope my quastion are not completely idiotic but I am really new to this and I also hope you could understand me as English is not my native language. I thank all of you in advance!
ABSQUE ARGENTO OMNIA VANA

Offline Basileus Nikephoros Antialcidas

• Consul
  • Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possi
Re: Please need help with late Roman bronze
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 05:30:30 pm »
Photo
ABSQUE ARGENTO OMNIA VANA

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Please need help with late Roman bronze
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 09:41:44 am »
It is hard to tell from the photo if it is something on the coin or if a bit of the metal is missing.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity