Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: error loading to gallery 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: error loading to gallery  (Read 1103 times)
Blayne W
Consul

« on: December 27, 2018, 11:07:29 am »

Not sure what I am doing wrong.  I have been trying to add to my gallery but I get an error when I do it.  This is the steps I have been doing so maybe there is something I am doing incorrectly.  I was able to successfully load my first couple photos.

1. Click on Gallery
2. Click add a coin
3.Click choose a file-select photo
4. hit continue
5.  Shows successfully uploaded. Hit continue
6. Select album to upload to, also type in info in file description and file title.

After hitting continue this is where I get my error.

It says

This page isnt working

www.forumancientcoins.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

I have been getting this error for a couple days but can see that other people are uploading photos to their galleries so I assume it is something on my side.

I use Google Chrome but also had the same error on Internet Explorer.

Hopefully you can point me in the right direction to getting through this.

Thanks

Blayne

Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 05:03:59 pm »

Are you using any odd characters, with accent marks, for example?

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Blayne W
Consul

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 05:20:33 pm »

Thanks for getting back to me, Joe.

No I dont think so.  The first time i did use a / in the file title. When I got the error, I went back and tried it with out.  I have since just tried it only using numbers in the description and photo title.  Still get the error.  I am at work currently so I will try to load some at home tonight and see if I get an error there.  Might be something here, though I was able to load the first coin from here.

Blayne W
Consul

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 01:12:53 pm »

I did try to upload some photos at home on a different computer and still got the same error.  I also tried to load to a different gallery that I had set up and got the same error.  Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help

Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 10:07:41 pm »

Try smaller photos?

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
*Alex
Procurator Caesaris
Quaestor
Caesar

Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 07:08:08 am »

Hi Blayne,

I think that Joe could have nailed your problem.

The last file that you added to your gallery was pretty big so if the new one you are trying to add is even bigger that might be the cause of the error message.

If your photo still does not upload after you have made it smaller try uploading your picture here on this thread and see what happens.

Alex.

Blayne W
Consul

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 10:29:06 am »

Joe and Alex

Thanks that nailed it.  Just tried a test upload and it worked.   I had thought of that but had always been getting the  successful upload screen so assumed (incorrectly) that the images were good to go.

Thanks for the help.

Blayne

Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 06:02:30 pm »

Glad we figured it out.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: error loading to gallery « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop