Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 30-nummi coin of Thessalonica mint?  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Byzantofil

• Consul
30-nummi coin of Thessalonica mint?
« on: November 27, 2018, 07:41:52 am »
A have a strong suspicion that this is Heraclius and Heraclius Constantine 30-nummi coin of Thessalonica mint (Sear 827, MIB 224, Ratto 1431).
It seems that only the letter E remained from the ΘEC Mintmark, because it fell on the on the protruding part of the old host coin, exactly, on the Heraclius Constantine head.

Offline Byzantofil

• Consul
Re: 30-nummi coin of Thessalonica mint?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 07:43:45 am »
It's not obvious, but it looks like it. For comparison, I put an original coin below. What do you think?

Offline vercingetorix

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Surrendered at Alesia.Bleah...
Re: 30-nummi coin of Thessalonica mint?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 05:33:54 pm »
I think you're correct about the mint attribution. I don't know what else it could be, given the  :Greek_epsilon: in the center under the exergue line.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes...

All coins are guaranteed for eternity