Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Carausius Virtus from Forum Ancient Coins  (Read 434 times)

Offline orfew

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Historical Ancient Roman Coins
Carausius Virtus from Forum Ancient Coins
« on: November 06, 2018, 01:34:04 pm »
I just received this Carausius today. I am very happy with it. Thanks Joe for the great coin and excellent service. I am very excited to add this coin to my collection. I have been wanting a coin of Carausius for some time and this one caught my eye.

From the Forum sales listing:

This is the only specimen of this type known to Forum. We did not find another online or in the many references examined. The type must have been struck during a very short period after the mintmark was changed from S - C / C to S - P / C but before the reverse legends were changed to the plural ending AVGGG.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-150758

All coins are guaranteed for eternity