Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Sorting Files in member galleries 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorting Files in member galleries  (Read 1354 times)
Steve B5
Legionary

« on: August 13, 2018, 06:32:55 pm »

I’m new to the website and just started a personal gallery of my collection.   I’ve tried to sort the files and the message indicates they have been re-indexed but the sort is not applied when I enter the gallery.   The instructions say:

The custom sort order you can specify on this page will only be taken into account if:
the admin has set the "Default sort order for files" in the config to "Position descending" or "Position ascending" (global setting for all users who haven't chosen another sort option individually)
the user has chosen "Position descending" or "Position ascending" on the thumbail page (per user setting)

I have searched for a couple of days and can’t find a “position Ascending/Descending” setting that I can change.   Its probably right in front of me but if anyone can help me navigate to effect a sort of my collection gallery, I would appreciate it.

Enodia
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

~ For My Star ~

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 10:52:51 pm »

I use 'Position +', and I don't know why everyone doesn't.

you upload your coin, then hit 'Sort My Pictures' (or Files, or whatever it says), and then you can move them wherever you want them. no ridiculously long file names, no inevitably obsolete numbering systems, just a one time arrangement and voila', you're organized.

you do have to re-hit 'Position +' again each time you clear your cache, but that's easy enough.

~ Peter

Steve B5
Legionary

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:35:57 am »

Enodia,
     Thanks.   Once I located the "Position +" item in the upper right hand corner of the thumbnail view.  I was able to select it and my sorting worked.

Steve B5
Legionary

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 07:41:38 am »

Actually, no it doesn't.  It seems to sort properly to my specifications in thumbnail view only, but If i enter the collection from the members gallery list index, the order in which I added the coins is displayed and the sort order is ignored.

Enodia
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

~ For My Star ~

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 11:07:24 am »

If you say so,  I've  never used that index. I always access my gallery from the link in my signature line or a bookmark.

- Peter

Steve B5
Legionary

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 08:04:11 am »

Enodia, Thanks for your help.   I have solved my problem with your guidance, and simply by reading the headings on the site (duh!).   When I click on "my gallery", it takes be to the page where the main content is "Last additions" which are by design sorted by the order they were added.  If I click on my signature line, all is arranged correctly.

Carausius
Caesar

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 10:05:22 am »

Steve B5,

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for starting this exceptionally informative gallery.  Thanks also for your website, which I have come to depend on!  

In designing your gallery, you might consider creating separate "albums" as a means of separating the various anonymous series.  I've done this in my Roman Republican gallery (linked below) to create an organizational framework.  It might help as you start to add additional series beyond Cr 44.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Sorting Files in member galleries « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop