Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Pertinax denarius question  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Dominic T

• Caesar
Pertinax denarius question
« on: June 18, 2018, 12:45:08 pm »
I need your expertise. I’m planning to eventually add a Pertinax denarius in my collection.Since they are expensive and a lot of forgery has been made,I want to be carefull. Here is my question: in the last few years, at least half a dozen of them have been sold by serious dealers or auction houses weighting less than 2 grams.
I’m getting nervous when a denarius is so light. Am I too suspicious ???

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Pertinax denarius question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 02:13:33 pm »
If you look in the Forum shop, including the sold coins, none of the Pertinax denarii we have handled were less than 2 grams. At that weight, if genuine, they are probably very porous and perhaps very brittle.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Dominic T

• Caesar
Re: Pertinax denarius question
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 08:44:38 pm »
Thanks for the information. It will help me to make a better decision when The timing is good !

All coins are guaranteed for eternity