Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Greek coins identifier page 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greek coins identifier page  (Read 2028 times)
bakkar
Caesar

« on: May 10, 2018, 11:04:41 am »

Dear members
Do you know what happens to this Greek coins identifier page ?
This wonderful page helped me to identify Greek imperial coins in the past.

http://www.roth37.it/COINS/Legenda/framen.html

Can anybody please suggest a similar page if there is any?

Best regards
H.Bakkar
Arados
Comitia Curiata
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 01:20:17 pm »

The link is working fine for me.

Juan R
Consul

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 02:12:47 pm »

To me too
bakkar
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 03:28:58 pm »

Still not working,  I will check the problem. Thank you.
I think it does not work on android systems!

H.Bakkar
Snegovik
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 06:43:17 am »

It does not work on Google Chrome, but works on Firefox. The database of legends is rather incomplete. It does not find some strings that definitely exist.

Illegitimi non carborundum
Akropolis
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 08:13:26 am »

It doesn't work on my iPad either.
PeteB

bakkar
Caesar

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 01:39:30 pm »

It does not work on Google Chrome, but works on Firefox. The database of legends is rather incomplete. It does not find some strings that definitely exist.

I use google chrome, the Greek legends are complete but search process is not working.
Gil-galad
Praetorian

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 10:17:32 pm »

This Greek coins identifier site is pretty old. Probably works well in older versions of Internet Explorer. Try other browsers like Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc. The database is incomplete as well so you may not find too many strings.
bakkar
Caesar

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 08:50:08 am »

Thanks, there must be other new substitute.
Gil-galad
Praetorian

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 03:31:33 pm »

If the site owner decides to update it, see if you can contact the webmaster and ask for it to be updated.

Make one yourself based on the template of that site. The code is there, all you gotta do is add to the database of legends.

I also made a keyboard that is similar and yet different to this one. There is no search function, you can do that on other websites, Google, Acsearch, etc. It's a visual copy tool for reading coins and books. For now, it could work for you perhaps.

That identifier has no copy function and is only useful for Greek and Roman Provincial coinage types. That identifier has not been updated in a very long time, even before I got here 6 years ago.
Steve P
Caesar

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 03:41:14 pm »

Flintstones' era?
Gil-galad
Praetorian

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 03:55:36 pm »

Pretty much. That's the old Steve I remember. lol

There are so many sites that could use a update. This identifier is one of them and there are many more.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Greek coins identifier page « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop