Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Nero As - before and after  (Read 8847 times)

Offline Sam

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ego vici mundum
Re: Nero As - before and after
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 10:05:30 am »
I do not know how everyone thinks, I do respect their views.
Myself, I say you have done a good job, you brought to life again the beauty of this coin.
Well done.
Sam Mansourati

Offline Bill W4

• Caesar
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 12:01:51 pm »
Agreed; I'm one of the "leave it alone" group but you did a really nice job.  To me you improved the appearance of the coin and I can't fault that.  Good work.  Bill
I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!

Offline singig

• Praetorian
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2018, 04:27:30 pm »
Thank you !, I would like to encourage other forum members to post their cleaning results using before and after comparisons.

Offline paps

• Consul
  • gerryn2001
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2018, 09:53:35 am »
First of all I love the results. Someone said "Brave" Yes, very brave I wouldn't have tried it. 

99% of cases acid will ruin a bronze, not improve it.
Unfortunately, this has been the case for me. Most of what I got was a carroded mess. The rest that had good metal content beneath, left me with a stripped coin. 

Any Case though I share my Nero - bought as is.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity