Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Maps of the Ancient World  |  Topic: Maps of Holy Land 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maps of Holy Land  (Read 1370 times)
Russ
Consul

« on: April 14, 2017, 03:38:42 pm »

Hi Folks,

I came across an old folder of maps from a Bible printed in Glasgow, Scotland, in 1849. Here are two/three of them.

Russ
BiancasDad
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 05:25:43 pm »

Nice find Russ. Thanks for sharing.

I'm a biblical scholar and collector of old bibles. I've found many interesting photos, drawings, written supplications, notes, and even a lock of hair, but no maps!

ThatParthianGuy
Praetorian

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 05:38:47 pm »

Beautiful maps. I've always found it fascinating how the landscape of Jerusalem has changed so drastically so quickly. There's a wonderful book I'm reading called Jerusalem: the Biography which tells the entire story of the city from Solomon to Bar Kochba to Netanyahu. Check it out if you're interested in Jerusalem!
-TPG

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Maps of the Ancient World  |  Topic: Maps of Holy Land « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop