Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: I have problem with forvm as I cannot log in with my former user (Herberto)  (Read 2087 times)

Martin I

I am the former user (Herberto). The problem is just that I cannot log in anymore(!?) – It is not like that I have forgotten my password, it just doesn’t work anymore.  ???

I tried to click on “Lost Password” and then write my email, but the site responds: “No account found for the specified e-mail address. Please register!”

I tried to contact the webmaster but I have not received any mail from him, so I have created a new user to come in contact with you.

Why can’t I use my former username “Herberto”?

Offline Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
Could it be that you as Herberto was too long inactive? Then it is possible that your account has been deleted.

Jochen

Martin I

It is correct that I was inactive for some months. 

In any case: Is it okay with you that I have create a new username?

Online Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
We recently purged many inactive accounts, accounts with bouncing email addresses, and accounts with fake names and addresses.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
This also affects old users, some of which may be dead or simply choose to spend their last years with other hobbies. These are then demoted to 'guests', which means you cannot, e.g. look at their post history like you can with an active user. It seems you cannot even use the forum search to display all their posts by searching by user.
Andreas Reich

Online Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
The purge is done now. The primary reason the old inactive accounts were deleted is that we once had two different log in systems.  Having two separate systems caused problems.  It was necessary to delete accounts that did not update to the newer system.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Martin I

Just for clarification: the user I am using now right here is indeed fake.

I tried to come in contact with you by mailing the webmaster and trying to click on “Contact Forum” in first place, but the site did not progress. – So I was forced to create a new user in order to come in contact with you.

I am very sure my former user had correct name, address and mail.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity