Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING UNTIL 3 FEBRUARY Layaway and reserve are not available during the sale Shop NOW and save! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING UNTIL 3 FEBRUARY Please call us if you have questions 252-646-1958 Shop NOW and save!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Introducing ResPublicaCoins.com 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introducing ResPublicaCoins.com  (Read 1010 times)
Jordan Montgomery
Consul

« on: February 29, 2016, 11:28:31 pm »

Hi all,

for a while now I have maintained a small website that I use to catalog my collection, largely to document it for myself and make it easy to find a picture of a given coin if I want to share it with someone. Recently I moved the site to its own domain and started a small blog to go with the image gallery where I try to discuss things of interest to collectors. I've also recently attempted to upload scans and add links to provenance information when possible and added historical notes and other bits of interesting information, such as die matches or notes about the physical characteristics of a particular coin. As you can likely tell by the title, the focus is on the coinage of the Roman Republic, mainly the principal series identified by Crawford, but related coinage such as provincial coinage as well. My collection, while small, features both bronze and silver and includes many scarce or outright rare coins, such as a very rare Cr. 41/6e post-semilibral struck semis, two scarcer second century sextantes, a Cr. 191/3 "VAL" triens and soon a Cr. 121/4 Sow series semis, and many of the coins have excellent provenances to the McCabe, RBW and Goodman collections to boot.

With that in mind, the gallery can be found at http://gallery.respublicacoins.com and the blog at http://respublicacoins.com

I realize the site is quite small for now, but my goal with it is to document my entire collection as I build it both for my own use and the use of other collectors who are researching their own coins or just wanting to learn more about this fascinating area of numismatics. Every coin, whether it be an EF denarius or a "rare slug" that only the most devout Republican bronze collector can admire, will be photographed, documented and cataloged with historical notes and commentary where appropriate, so to that end, if you have any comments, concerns or questions on the current contents or the format, please let me know and I will take your considerations into account.

Thanks,
Jordan Montgomery

Gallery of my collection with notes and discussion of Republican history and numismatics
Enodia
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

~ For My Star ~

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 02:03:03 am »

it looks nice so far.
however to promote your sites here you must include an active link to Forvm.

good luck!
~ Peter

Jordan Montgomery
Consul

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 02:39:21 am »

Thanks, Peter. As far as a link, I've actually already got one. On the sidebar (or down near the bottom if you're on mobile) of the blog there is a "related sites" list with a link to FORVM.

-Jordan

Gallery of my collection with notes and discussion of Republican history and numismatics
Jay GT4
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Leave the gun, take the Canoli!

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 05:08:24 am »

Looking good Jordan

My Gallery: http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=18312

IG: @artisan.flooring
J. Grande
Carausius
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 05:33:59 am »

Nice work, Jordan. Some very interesting coins and well presented. I look forward to watching the site grow!

quadrans
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 07:02:58 am »

I agree, nice and hard work  Thumbs Up

Congratulation..

Q.

orfew
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 08:25:52 am »

Nice looking site, congrats.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Introducing ResPublicaCoins.com « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop