Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: snap pictures in the dark with flash on  (Read 3279 times)

Jeffery L

snap pictures in the dark with flash on
« on: January 17, 2016, 01:01:41 pm »
I often take pictures of coins and misc other stuff and I have found that when using my phone it works best in the dark with flash on. I'm not sure why but it just does. You should try it.

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
Re: snap pictures in the dark with flash on
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 04:17:19 pm »
Can you post pictures taken this way?
Andreas Reich

Offline v-drome

• Caesar
Re: snap pictures in the dark with flash on
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 03:49:23 pm »
I have sometimes tried this technique for coins with a very shiny black patina, which are difficult to photograph.  Here are two examples from my collection.  I have used digital SLR cameras from Nikon and Canon, but I just keep them on automatic most of the time because I really don't know what I am doing.  There is a custom setting that you can program but the instruction manual is as thick as a telephone book, and I have not had the patience to study it.  I just keep varying the background and flash angle until I get something that seems usable, but it is always hit and/or miss.  V-drome

All coins are guaranteed for eternity