Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Storing displaying roman denarius  (Read 1720 times)

Offline paps

• Consul
  • gerryn2001
Storing displaying roman denarius
« on: December 16, 2015, 09:24:15 pm »
I want to use something other than a 2X2 Flip to store and/or display my denarius.

Anyone found that a nickel or dime airtite holder is better? Which one fits best?

Thanks for the help!

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
Re: Storing displaying roman denarius
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 08:14:57 am »
I want to use something other than a 2X2 Flip to store and/or display my denarius.

Anyone found that a nickel or dime airtite holder is better? Which one fits best?

Thanks for the help!

It's going to vary coin to coin as a denarius can be anywhere from 16mm to 21mm. Lighthouse /Leuctturm do airtite capsules in every mm size so 15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22 etc. You'll need to measure the absolutely widest point on your denarius and then look for the right holder. Most collectors who use capsules initially buy a range of different sizes.

Offline paps

• Consul
  • gerryn2001
Re: Storing displaying roman denarius
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 06:20:10 pm »
Ok Thanks for the info

All coins are guaranteed for eternity