Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Photograph lighting ect. HELP!  (Read 6846 times)

Offline NORMAN K

• Consul
Re: Photograph lighting ect. HELP!
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 02:58:00 pm »
Thanks Jay, Alex, Arich and Andrew. (and all others I may have missed) I am going to try your suggestions including  using indirect sunlight on the north side of my house.  I have a covered deck open on the north side and I think it will reduce the shadows.

I will be posting the pictures in the near future and look forward to your comments.
Norm

Offline NORMAN K

• Consul
Re: Photograph lighting ect. HELP!
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2016, 11:59:22 am »
There are so many variables when taking pictures and the differences are so striking that sometimes It doesn't look like the same coin.
I really need to find something that will put me in the proper parameters so I can have a life  outside of coin photography.
My latest attempt is putting the coin off the card about 1/2 inch one flat and the other at a slight angle.  There is definitely better edge sharpness.
These were shot with aperture priority f 20 in natural light using my sony 5n and my E 3.5/30 macro lense coin position about 150 mm from lens.
Norm

All coins are guaranteed for eternity