Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Hanukkah Sameach! Tell them you want a coin from FORVM for Hanukkah!!!! Internet challenged? We are happy to take your order over the phone 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas!!! Tell them you want a coin from FORVM for Christmas!!!! Internet challenged? We are happy to take your order over the phone 252-646-1958.

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: RPC website search engine - again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPC website search engine - again  (Read 816 times)
Altamura
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 10:05:50 am »

... The web application was developed by me during my free time (weekends and holidays). ...
Oh, I didn't know that, you haven't mentioned it.

… I welcome your suggestion, but – believe it or not – at the end of the day, that’s my decision...
For sure, I just wondered why you didn't say anything about my suggestion.

Regards

Altamura
helvetica
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 11:43:38 am »

There appears to be a source abbreviation missing from the Bibliography list. The letter G on its own.
It is given e.g. for coin 15722 (temporary)  as G: III, 481, no. 545 . Is it Glasgow ? Giessen ?

What would also be great would be drop-down lists for some of the options along the top, similar to the ones I made for wildwinds. They are so simple to do - even I manage to do them using html. That would save a lot of clicks and searching around.

e.g.

Search
  Simple Search
  Advanced Search

Volumes
  I
  II
  III
  IV  etc

Information
  Introduction
  Bibliography
  Submit a new type
  etc

Project
  Volumes
  Directors
  Advisory Board
  Authors
  Development
  Conventions
  Terms of Access

Jerome M
Praetorian

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2019, 02:30:16 pm »

>>There appears to be a source abbreviation missing from the Bibliography list. The letter G on its own.
>>It is given e.g. for coin 15722 (temporary)  as G: III, 481, no. 545 . Is it Glasgow ? Giessen ?
So you mean https://rpc.ashmus.ox.ac.uk/coins/4/15722
Well, click on Show at the end of the line, and then: oh! : "Glasgow, Hunterian Museum"! Clear enough.

>>What would also be great would be drop-down lists for some of the options along the top, similar to the ones I made for wildwinds. They are so simple to do - even I manage to do them using html. That would save a lot of clicks and searching around.
Well.... see my previous post.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: RPC website search engine - again « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop