Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need Help On A Nice Antique Egyptian Scarb with Hieroglyphics on the bottom Ple  (Read 6101 times)

Austin G

Hello you All
I Acquired this nice scarab back in the 80's from Christes Auction house it didn't have any info on it and i'd like to know about it thanks for your time it measures in at 1.115" long by .776 wide by .520 thick and weighs 66.7 grams.

Please reply with any info thanks Again Austin

Austin G

Here's some more picture of the scarab thanks for your time

:Chi-Rho_noPinOval: :Chi-Rho_p: :Chi-Rho_reversed: :Chi-Rho_halfX: :<a href='http://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?vpar=810&pos=0' target='_blank'>Chi-Rho</a>: :captiveleft: :RomeSymbol: :rectangletriangle:

Offline Russ

• Consul
Hi,
Sorry, it is a reproduction - too poorly done to be considered a "fake" (an object meant to deceive).
Russ

Austin G

Hi,
Sorry, it is a reproduction - too poorly done to be considered a "fake" (an object meant to deceive).
Russ

That"s OK Russ
A person emailed me and offered me $1,700.00 :-) for it and i thought he was joking because he was from Germany and about a week went by and i got a international cashier's check/Money order and i still thought it was one of those scammers till i looked it up and then deposited it in the bank it took 2 weeks to clear but it did so i sent it and he emailed back asking if i had anymore items and all i had was a Chinese tea pot from 1680 and some old books and maps from the 1400's-1500's .

I was discouraged when you posted that reply but in any case I'm happy

Just thought I'd update this post Thanks you all AMG

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
 +++  :afro:  ;D
Andreas Reich

All coins are guaranteed for eternity