Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Premade Coin Flips  (Read 1394 times)

Jonathan O

Premade Coin Flips
« on: April 15, 2015, 07:37:19 am »
So I saw these in the museum I am working at and I thought they were wonderful. Anyone know where I can buy more, the museum staff didn't know where they got them.

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
Re: Premade Coin Flips
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 02:41:14 pm »
You could possibly have a rubber stamp made up to make your own, or you might contact a local printer to see if they can do anything.

Years ago I had a source for my cotton lined envelopes that used to offer printing on them for an added fee, but they are no longer in business.

I also made up an Excel template to print out my own envelopes via attaching the blank envelopes to a stiff paper backing and then feeding them through my laser printer.  When my laser died I replaced it with an inkjet which couldn't handle the thickness of the mounted envelopes.

Jonathan O

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 02:52:07 am »
Not a bad idea. I just thought these were really innovated, and would save me a heck of a lot of time when I catalogue my own collection. Since no one from the museum seemed to know where they got them, I am wondering if they did something like what you did.

Offline curtislclay

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 10:05:57 am »
"Antoninus Pius, denarius, 155 AD, RIC 238, 3.32 g, 18 mm", is, for example, all you need to write.

No need to categorize the info under "Emperor, denomination, year of issue, reference, weight, diameter".

It's obvious that Antoninus is the emperor, 3.32 g the weight, and so on!
Curtis Clay

Jonathan O

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 07:36:19 am »
curtislclay you are right, for some it might seem obvious. But I think for a larger collection, they would be useful in the sense of having a set spot to put all the information, especially if your like me and you have terrible handwriting :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity