Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Photographing my coins  (Read 17796 times)

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
Re: Photographing my coins
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2015, 10:24:31 am »
Hi folks,

Is it just me, or is this thread turning into "The Twilight Zone"?

It seems that it is getting more and more bizarre. It has certainly taken numerous turns and twists that I never saw coming. I never expected some people to react to my posts the way they did.

It started out as a prep for my impending photos. I asked questions and received some great advice from some members. It also helped me to make a decision about which flash drive to buy.

But I had to wait for my niece and/or her boyfriend to finish school so that they would have enough free time to teach me some things about photos (stitching, storing on a flash drive, posting online, etc.). So, I figured that, as long as I had to wait anyway, I might as well check my tags to see if they were acceptable for my impending photos - particularly because, with regard to my early purchases, I hadn't given those coins a close look in well over 10 years. And, to my surprise, many of my tags weren't "up to snuff". So, I decided to update/correct them. It wound up turning into a monumental project in and of itself (before I could even start taking my photos). I now have about 200-250 hours of work invested into updating/correcting my tags, and I'm still not done yet. As Cara pointed out, it is like trying to "process" thousands of coins all at once. It turned into a daunting task, which I semi-suspected.

So, I decided to write about it here, for several reasons. It helped me to vent and fume and "blow off steam". It is educational for newer collectors. People could offer advice. It is a way of keeping people posted about my progress (why I still haven't started taking my photos yet after an already approximately 2 year delay, etc.).

The next thing I know, several people posted here and questioned my diligence, my professionalism, my choice of certain adjectives, etc. But other members defended me because of circumstance that were mainly beyond my control (given my set of circumstances at that time). And I appreciate that.

It is just getting more and more bizarre. And I really don't understand it. ???

Meepzorp

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2015, 11:47:00 am »
Not just you. :)

These things seem to happen when a thread goes on too long.  I suggest you start your next update with a new thread.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline dougsmit

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek & Roman Coins
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2015, 12:20:56 pm »
I support term limits for threads.   8)

Offline Bill W4

• Caesar
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2015, 08:33:50 pm »
Yes, this has gone on way too long.  If I feel the need to comment, it' s way past end time.  Clean up your coins and let it go Meep.  Best to you and your coins.  Most of the fun is attributing them anyway isn't it?  Enjoy, Bill
I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity