Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Coins Of The Southern Levant 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coins Of The Southern Levant  (Read 1305 times)
Arados
Comitia Curiata
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« on: March 31, 2015, 07:53:44 am »

Dear FORVM collective !

I have recentely started my own blog dedicated to Phoenician coins and would appreciate any support or feedback your willing to give me.

https://phoeniciancoins.wordpress.com/

Thanks

Best Regards
Martin (Arados)

Molinari
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

My defeat, if understood, should be my glory

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:04:27 am »

That's great to hear, Martin.  I am now "following" you, as creepy as that sounds.

It looks like it will serve as a very detailed catalog of coins.  If that is true, have you considered using static webpages instead of blog posts, so that users can browse the site categorically?

Arados
Comitia Curiata
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:28:53 am »

That's great to hear, Martin.  I am now "following" you, as creepy as that sounds.

It looks like it will serve as a very detailed catalog of coins.  If that is true, have you considered using static webpages instead of blog posts, so that users can browse the site categorically?

Thanks for your support Nick, i will have to be more aware of who´s behind me in the future !

Static webpages, i confess to being a novice with blogs and websites so i will read up on this method tonight.

Molinari
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

My defeat, if understood, should be my glory

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 10:03:05 am »

So my site, for example, has static web pages for each mint, instead of blog entries, which are usually ordered by date posted.  It takes some getting use to with wordpress (I had a friend show me the basics) but it is doable.

Arados
Comitia Curiata
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 11:52:20 am »

So my site, for example, has static web pages for each mint, instead of blog entries, which are usually ordered by date posted.  It takes some getting use to with wordpress (I had a friend show me the basics) but it is doable.

I will have a fiddle around with the settings and see what improvements i can make.

Taras
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 08:01:42 am »

Thanks for sharing it Martin, it will be a very useful source for those interested in that area.
Good work!
 Thumbs Up

Nico
John Anthony
Consul

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 09:43:08 am »

I have bookmarked your site and look forward to reading it as you progress. However, the Southern Levant encompasses many more cultures than just the Phoenician. If you're going to post only Phoenician, perhaps your blog should be titled Ancient Phoenician Coinage.
Arados
Comitia Curiata
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 10:54:23 am »

I have bookmarked your site and look forward to reading it as you progress. However, the Southern Levant encompasses many more cultures than just the Phoenician. If you're going to post only Phoenician, perhaps your blog should be titled Ancient Phoenician Coinage.

All in good time buddy, i have only been up and running a couple of weeks and seem to be playing catch up at the moment.

I haven´t quite decided whether to start a new site for the remainder of my Levant collection or split them into specific regions.

Thanks again.
Martin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Coins Of The Southern Levant « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop