Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Box size?  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Archon

• Consul
Box size?
« on: March 09, 2015, 07:36:51 pm »
Hi so I'm not sure how to read the dimensions. I know I want this case but it needs to fit Greek bronzes about the size of two U.S. quarters stacked. Most are like AE19. Could it fit them in each slot? This is for 2x2 coin holders right?Coin Drawer with Glass View – 20 Spaces for 2 x 2” {HMBG20M}
Appealing coin presentation, with glass view, stackable, with labelling field, crimson velvet-effect insert. Size of drawer: 255 x 320 x 35mm. Compartments: 20 Spaces for 2 x 2”.

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Akropolis Ancient Coins
Re: Box size?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 07:48:02 pm »
Is there a photo missing....or a link to a photo of what you are talking about?
PeteB

Offline Archon

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 08:34:50 pm »
Oops this help tell it could hold two quarters stacked?

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Akropolis Ancient Coins
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 08:41:31 pm »
Two quarters stacked? Probably yes, but not much more.
PeteB

Offline Archon

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 09:08:39 pm »
But based on the pic and dimensions you think it could fit an AE19 as tall that?is that in the holder it outside?

Offline Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 10:43:40 pm »
the coins in the picture look capsulated, so i would think it should hold most Greek bronzes which would fit in a flip.

~ Peter

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 05:51:04 am »
2" x 2" slots means they are about 50 mm x 50 mm so a 19 mm diameter coin could easily fit.  In fact a 49 mm diameter coin should fit.

I assume therefore that you are only worried about height. 

A US quarter is a mere 1.75 mm thick.  Coin capsules like they show in that photo are much thicker.  A Coinsafe large round capsule is 44.4 mm diameter and 6 mm high.  That is 3 and a half US quarters thick and there is still room to spare. 

I can't think of any Greek AE under 50 mm diameter that would be too high for such a cabinet.

I am sure you would be safe.  But I am also sure that anyobne you are ordering it from would be happy to give you the full specifications if you emailed them.

Shawn
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity