Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: collector assistant SW  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Trond

• Praetorian
collector assistant SW
« on: February 28, 2015, 11:35:04 pm »
Does anybody have any experience With the "Collector's assistant - ancient coins" software?

I am using Numus Moneta. Its actually a great program, but I have had several problems With stability lately
and have to switch to something else.

The only software especially for "ancient coins"  I found on the web is from Carlisle Development Corporation
"Collector's assistence - ancient coins" , but since the change  is both time-consuming and expensive
I hope for some comments from an actual user.

All tips and suggestions will be appreciated.  :)

Offline Carausius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Forum Gallery:
Re: collector assistant SW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 11:28:59 am »
I found nothing that met my specific needs when I made a similar search for programs several years ago. I wound-up designing my own relational database using MS Access. Whatever you end-up using, make sure that the program provides for data migration out of the program to a well recognized format that other programs will recognize. If not, your data can become trapped if the software company stops supporting the program. This holds true for large as well as small software programs. I used Lotus when I first started keeping a database of my collection. Fortunately, when Lotus ceased, I was able to migrate my data to a spreadsheet and from there to Access.

Offline carthago

• Caesar
  • Nervos belli, pecuniam
Re: collector assistant SW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 03:26:48 pm »
I created my own in FileMaker Pro so it's cross platform Mac & Windows.  Also has good support for mobile devices so you can take it with me on my iPad and iPhone via DropBox. 

All coins are guaranteed for eternity