Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Ancient Coin Forum

Recent Experiences with U.S. Customs ?

<< < (3/3)

Ron C2:
wow... well that took a while! Glad it got resolved though! :)

Virgil H:
Glad you finally got them, so frustrating.

Virgil

Tracy Aiello:
Ken,

I'm glad that it turned out well and that you eventually received these two wonderful coins.

Tracy

Ken W2:

Thanks all. This experience will give me pause about using private carriers, as opposed to insured registered mail. Although while these were delayed I had a fedex from Europe sail right through arriving in 4 days. Thanks again.

Virgil H:
The only time I have had trouble from overseas to the US is from Bulgaria. As far as I can tell, these were never sent with customs forms, etc. I have often wondered if I was just getting ripped off or if it really was the mail as the issue on their or my end. In ay case, I will never order from anyone in Bulgaria again as I never got satisfaction from the seller and he, in fact, accused me of lying about not getting them. Live and learn. While I got some, I am overall down in those transactions. My coins from the main auction houses in Europe have never been an issue. And the values of such coins I have ordered have always been pretty low. Certainly under the threshold mentioned here.

Virgil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version